Caloric foods can be divided into high-calorie, high-calorie and low-calorie.
- High calorie
- animal and vegetable fats, sugar and articles thereof.
- flour and bakery products, pasta, cereals, meat, sausages.
- fruits, vegetables, berries, low-fat fish (bream, cod, pike perch), low-fat cottage cheese and kefir.
Low-calorie foods are especially recommended for people over 40 years old, as well as leading a sedentary lifestyle.
The energy that we consume with food is spent on various purposes, for example, on the mechanical work of muscles. But in the end, all the types of energy that we spend turn into thermal energy. This energy is released into the environment and can be measured.
One calorie is the amount of heat needed to heat 1 g of water at 1 ° C.
The caloric value of food is the amount of heat that is released when they are broken down during digestion.
- 1 gram of protein contains 4.1 calories
- 1 gram of carbohydrates - 3.75-4.1 calories,
- 1 gram of fat - 9.3 calories.
Therefore, if you know the amount of nutrients received by food in the body, you can determine the number of calories contained in them, that is, determine the calorie content of food.
It is believed that in a healthy middle-aged person in a state of relative rest at a temperature of 20 ° C of the environment, 12 hours after the last meal, it corresponds to spending 1 kilocalorie (kcal) per hour for every kilogram of weight.
Our table shows the calorie content of the main products. Using it, you can calculate how many products you need to consume in order not to exceed the daily allowance.
- when resting lying 1700 kcal
- for persons of intellectual labor 3000 kcal
- for persons mechanized labor 3500 kcal
- for persons of physical labor 3500 - 4500 kcal
- at sports competitions
- and very hard work 4500 - 5000 kcal
Calculation of the calorie content of each dish can be made from the calculation of the total calorie content of each individual component.
The table shows that fats have the highest calorie content and very low - most vegetables and fruits.
That is why vegetable and fruit dishes are used in diets that have a limited calorie content in order to reduce a person’s weight.
|Product name||kcal/100 g|
Vegetables and greens
| Green pea||93|
| Canned green peas||41|
| White cabbage||23|
| Brussels sprouts||12|
| Chinese cabbage||16|
| Red cabbage||27|
| Kohlrabi cabbage||26|
| Boiled potatoes||60|
| Green onion||20|
| Fresh cucumbers||15|
| Sweet pepper||19|
| Celery leaf||21|
| Celery root vegetables||38|
| Green beans||31|