Natural honey is a storehouse of healthy substances. The content of a wide range of vitamins and minerals makes this valuable product so popular both in medicine and in cosmetology.
The honey contains vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, E, K, A-carotene, folic acid, fructose, sucrose, potassium, calcium, aluminum, iron, boron and this is not the whole list of useful components of honey.
Numerous face, body and hair care products are made on the basis of honey. The availability and ease of storage of this product makes it possible to use it as the main ingredient in home beauty recipes.
Sometimes it is difficult to choose a more versatile ingredient for facial skin care than honey. This is due to its properties to cleanse, tone and nourish the skin. In addition, honey has anti-inflammatory properties and is suitable for all skin types.
Masks based on honey will help remove unnecessary shine from oily skin, and make it supple. For dry skin types, honey will provide hydration and softness.
If dilated vessels occur on the face, the use of honey is not recommended.
Honey is contraindicated for those in whom it contributes to the appearance of an allergic reaction.
Recipes for honey masks for facial skin
- mix 1 beaten egg yolk, a few drops of olive (or linseed) oil and a little liquid fresh honey.
Apply with a cotton swab in three layers (apply each new layer after the previous one dries a little). Keep on face for about 15 minutes, after which wash with warm running water;
- melt the right amount of honey in a water bath, add the same amount of cottage cheese, grind and put on a cleaned face. After 10-15 minutes, rinse off with lukewarm water;
- 1 part liquid honey, take 1 part glycerol and 2 parts water, add oatmeal and mix until maximum mass uniformity is achieved. Hold on your face for 15–20 minutes.
- mix raw egg white with a spoonful of honey and flour until a mixture resembles thick sour cream. Apply to a previously cleansed face for 10-15 minutes, then rinse the skin with cool, but not icy water;
- mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with a spoon of honey, add a little tightly brewed tea. If the mixture seems too liquid, then for the desired density, you can add oatmeal (or oatmeal). Keep on face skin for up to 10 minutes. Rinse with non-hot water;
- 2 tablespoons of white clay, a spoon of honey, lime juice. Mix everything until smooth gruel, apply and stand for 10 minutes.
- mix milk and honey in equal parts. Wipe your face with a moistened cotton swab, then rinse with a little warm water;
- beat egg white with a fork, add one dessert spoon of honey to mix. Bring the consistency to a creamy state with flour. Apply to pre-cleansed and dry skin. Keep enough for 10 minutes;
- Mix 2 tablespoons of crushed dry nettle leaves, 1 teaspoon of fresh honey and the same amount of grape juice. Apply for 15 minutes on the skin.
By regularly applying honey-based masks suitable for your skin type, you can greatly improve the health of your skin.
At the same time, the independent preparation of such cosmetics will give a 100% guarantee of its naturalness.